READY TO JOIN THE COALITION?
The Leadership Coalition on Aging [LCA] was established in 2012 as a means for local health and human service providers to collaborate toward enriching the lives of Collier County seniors and their caregivers. The coalition seeks to foster a community environment that promotes well-being through resource sharing, education, advocacy and community outreach. The LCA is sponsored by Collier Senior Resources, a not-for-profit, 501 (c) (3). It provides information about and referrals to a broad range of service agencies throughout Collier County focusing on seniors and caregivers.
THE VALUE OF MEMBERSHIP
Where else can you participate in a dialogue on topical issues facing seniors with colleagues working in the field? There are no membership application fees, or monthly dues. Member organizations are listed on the webpage directory to provide information to the general public, to professionals, and in particular—to those seeking assistance from senior-centric specialists.
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
As a coalition, we seek members who engage in collaborative initiatives and strive to make a meaningful difference. We value diversity of thought and perspective, as well as expertise in niche areas. We actively seek representation from each sector of our community, including government, academia, not-for-profit, and for-profit organizations-that specialize in senior-centric services.
Ideal candidates for membership bring energy and commitment to being a part of the coalition’s initiatives. Specifically, members make a commitment to:
- Support the annual conference as a sponsor, expo vendor, or attendee.
- Actively participate in a committee of their choosing.
- Participate in a minimum of one  empowerment series event annually.
WAYS TO ENGAGE
- Attend Monthly Meetings: We hold our monthly Coalition Matters! meetings on the 4th Thursday of every month, 9A-1030A at the Lyon Center on the Avow Campus, in Naples. Our agenda includes a featured speaker or topic, committee updates, upcoming events, and a Round for the Good announcements. It’s a great opportunity to network & link with resources to address needs that arise in serving seniors. We welcome guests who are considering joining.
- Join a Workgroup: We invite you to join one of the committees working to advance the LCA mission.
- Conference Committee: We host an annual professional conference; this committee is focused on event planning inclusive of the curriculum and Call for Speakers, venue & catering, sponsorships & more.
- Advocacy Solutions Committees: Promoting Health Equilty, Promoting Housing Equity, Improving Respite Access for Caregivers
- Membership Committee: This group’s focus is on purposefully growing the cadre of members. Key functions include promoting attendance, recruiting prospective organizations, and processing membership applications.
- Empowerment Series Committee: This team leads our initiatives to provide topical education to seniors and those who care for them so that they can make informed decisions. The series features a calendar of topics held at local venues throughout Collier County. A speakers panel is comprised of experts in the field and also showcases an information fair comprised of sponsoring organizaitons, where attendees can learn more about local resources.
- Public Relations Committee: This team manages our community outreach efforts, including media releases, social media, website, and promotional campaigns. The Ambassador program is apart of this effort and organizing our speakers’ bureau and managing the calendar of speaking engagements at civic organizations to share the good news of what we’re working on.
The steering committe of the Leadership Coalition on Aging values your interest in joinging. In order to explore this oppertunity, we ask you to share information on the organization you represent, your professional expertise, what you forsee as the ways you’d be involved in the coalition. Please click on this link to access the application. The steering committe meets monthly and reviews applications. You’ll hear from us soon thereafter.